Our Kia O Rahi Tournament

Yesterday after morning tea we had a  Ki O Rahi Tournament that was held on our field. I was so excited that I quickly got my PE clothes from my room and changed during morning tea. We had to wear our house colours and the houses are Kauri, Totara, Rata and Rimu and  I was in Rimu. When I was playing  it was so fun because I was running so fast that I nearly scored a try. We switched teams every game.

In the last game for Rimu I was playing and we sadly lost because they scored so many points I lost track. When the games ended the coaches counted up the points and they found that Kauri was first, Rata second and Totara third and Rimu fourth.

Then  coach Trey brought out a fake 100 dollar monopoly note and gave it to Kauri and Kauri was cheering. I had so much fun that I really want to play more games but we sadly couldn’t. One of my friends, Pio said thank you to the coaches for teaching us Kia O Rahi and refereeing. I enjoyed it so much that I cannot wait until next year when we play in another Kia  O Rahi tournament.