Swimming Lessons

Everyday for the last two weeks of last term our school went to the CLM pools to learn how to swim. We had to bring a towel, goggles, jumper, mask and a swimming cap to go swimming. When the day came rooms 1 and 2 went first, then room 6, 7 and 8 boys went. Finally, the room 6, 7 and 8 girls went in the afternoon.

We all went on a bus and everyday I enjoyed it because we weren’t doing schoolwork. When we got to the CLM pool we put our gear down on the wooden benches and then went into the pool. My swimming teacher was called Mrs Parley and she was very kind. On the first day, she put us into our groups and lanes and then we started to learn how to swim.

We learned how to do a back stroke, front stroke and the last was freestyle. At the end of our swimming lesson we got to jump in and make a big splash. I loved that part. On the last day, they put a boat into the pool and we practiced what to do in a boat when you are in trouble out at sea.

After all those lessons I felt like I didn’t need to be afraid when I go swimming in the deep. I felt much more confident in the water. I enjoyed learning how to swim and can’t wait till next time.

One thought on “Swimming Lessons